.

.

13.4.13

Coffeehouse Celebrates National Poetry Month...

 




No "coffeehouse" experience would be complete without a little poetry, right?
So, we've got the lights down low, candles burning, and a little Jazz playing in the background here today, as we present these selections for your enjoyment, in honor of National Poetry Month.

So sit back, relax, and sip on your brew of choice.
Feel free to leave a "tip" in the way of comments. :-) Hope you enjoy!



VISIONS

I see the day before me
A blank canvas
To create my own images
Of scenic blue skies
Or grey clouds
Through my mind's eye

I see the day before me
Unused, fresh clay
To be molded and meshed
To my dream's desires

I am the creator of my own masterpiece
Each day adding dimension
As life bursts forward
In rich rainbow hues
Shaping my horizons


(c) 2004 Jennifer Brown Banks


DAY 356
 
 
When I met you
I needed you
 
After needing you
I wanted you
 
After wanting you
I loved you
 
After loving you
I left you
 
After leaving you
I realized
That I had made
A mistake
 
(c) P.W. McBeth
 
 

STILL HERE

I've been scarred and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me, sun has baked me.
Looks like between 'em
They done tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But  I don't care!
I'm still here!

(C) Langston Hughes
 


3 comments:

  1. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any suggestions?

    Also visit my page ... Search Engine optimization services toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these lovely poems.I enjoyed reading them. These lines from the poem Visions, reminded me of how we need to make each day special:

    "I see the day before me
    Unused, fresh clay
    To be molded and meshed
    To my dream's desires"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed them, Yasmin. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete


Let us help you grow into the writer you were meant to be.


Jennifer Brown Banks---Manager of Operations



Announcements & Updates...

Share your calls for submissions, success stories, writing related news.

Dr. Serena Wadhwa joins the Coffeehouse team
of instructors!


Coffeehouse is now on Twitter! Be sure to connect with us to get the latest, up-to-the-minute happenings and find out what's brewing.


Check us out @http://Twitter.com/coffeehse4write